Source: California Invasive Plant Council
URL of this page: http://www.cal-ipc.org/symposia/presenters.php
Information for Presenters
2016 Abstract Submission is Closed.
Share your work with 300 land managers and researchers who work on invasive plants! The Cal-IPC Symposium includes papers and posters on all aspects of invasive plant biology and management. Contributed papers receive 15 minutes for a talk plus 5 minutes for questions. Our designated poster session allow sposter presenters to interact with attendees. Graduate students, undergraduates, and recent graduates (within 6 months after graduation) may enter our Student Paper and Poster Contest.
Share your research!
We welcome presentations on all aspects of invasive plant biology and management. In 2016 we include a special focus on park stewardship to coincide with the centennial of the National Park Service. Some of the special topics for 2016 include:
- managing invasive species in designated wilderness
- finding common ground with those managing cultural resources, wildfire, and endangered species
- interactions between invasive plants and soil biota
- powerful partnerships that enable landscape-level conservation
- how climate change informs invasive plant management prioritization
Lively discussions at the poster session. Photo: JP Marie
Presentations at the Cal-IPC Symposium are selected to provide a useful and diverse educational forum,. Presenters should describe how their results may be applied to other species or locations. (Talks and posters may not promote products or services; materials that promote a product or service are appropriate for a sponsored exhibit.)
To submit an abstract
- Read the Instructions for Presenters.
- Download the Abstract Form and fill out as instructed.
- Send the form as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, June 1.
Note that we usually receive more abstracts than can be accommodated in the oral paper sessions, and some submissions may be moved to the poster session at the program committee's discretion. Presenters will be notified of acceptance and scheduling in July.